Stoves and ovens are customary in every kitchen and they represent high value appliances, which is it is important to take proper care of them, in order to keep them properly functioning for longer periods of time. If you want to know how to care for your range, oven or stove, AAA Appliance Service And Repair helps you with a couple of useful tips and advice.
1. Keep your oven clean!
This means cleaning your oven or stove regularly, both on the inside and the outside. There are many parts that you should clean independently, in order to make sure you are doing a good job in maintain your appliance properly cleaned.
- Control Panel: to clean the control panel correctly, you should use soap or a light duty cleaner and non-abrasive pads, as you don’t want to wear off the indicators. In case that happens, you may need to replace the entire panel.
- Doors: by properly cleaning the door glass, the front panel and the window, you make sure that no spills stain the glass or the panel. However, this type of cleaning should only be performed when the appliance is not in use and it is completely cool. You can use degreaser for the front panel, if you have spills that are difficult to remove.
- Stove tops: large food spills or deposits should be cleaned with razor scrapers and cooktop cleaners, but the remaining residue should be removed by using non-abrasive pads. To protect the stove top from scratches, you can apply a cooktop protectant.
- Grates and burners: usually, burner pans and grates are very difficult to clean, but there are specialized grate cleaners that might help you. If that doesn’t work, you may consider purchasing new ones.
- Oven interior: while spills should be cleaned immediately after the use of the oven, the entire interior of the appliance should be properly cleaned at least three or four times a year. Don’t use detergent or soap inside the oven, but spray oven cleaner, but not on self cleaning ovens. If you have a self cleaning oven, follow the instructions in the manufacturer’s manual carefully.
- Boiler pans: because most boiler pans have a porcelain coat, you shouldn’t use abrasive cleaners or pads. If a pan is damaged, the best thing to do is to replace it.
- Racks: in order for the racks to clean properly, you should let them soak in the sink for about 10 minutes and then scrub them with regular kitchen sponges. If you have a self-cleaning oven, remove the racks before starting the cycle, to protect their shape.
2. Change the light bulbs
It is advisable to replace the light bulb or bulbs inside your oven or range. Some models require the removal of the dome or glass covering to reach the bulb, so be sure to consult the owner’s manual beforehand and follow the instructions carefully. Most oven lights work with a 40-watt appliance bulb.
If your stove or oven shows signs of damage, don’t attempt to conduct any repairing on your own, as you may only damage the appliance even further. Call AAA Appliance Service And Repair and one of our highly qualified and experienced technician will make sure that you benefit from the best service available. We cover the entire Atlanta area and surrounding counties within Georgia.